Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

I just got back from New Fairfield where my mother, Eleanor Mae (Fairchild) Williams is buried in the Mountain View Cemetery. Her mother, Martha (Post) Fairchild, Martha's mother, Jennie Post, Jennie's mother, Mary Elizabeth (Benedict) Post, and Mary's mother, Hannah (Wildman) Benedict are all buried there also. Five generations all buried in New Fairfield, Connecticut in the same cemetery!
Hannah's mother, Betsey (Chase) Wildman is buried in Brookfield's Central Cemetery. Betsey's mother, Lucy (Pepper) Chase, is buried in Coburn Burying Grounds in Sherman, also adjacent to New Fairfield. Lucy's mother, Lucy (Bennett) Pepper, is buried in the Pepper Burying Ground, also in Sherman.
I don't know where Lucy Bennett's mother, Abigail Moss, is buried; the family came from Lyme, Connecticut to Sherman. Abigail's mother is supposed to be Mary (Borden) Moss, daughter of Mary (Tillotson) Borden, daughter of Dorcas (Coleman) Tillotson, daughter of Susannah (Rawlings) Coleman. I'm still working of verifying this rest of this information.
I had my mitochondrial DNA tested which goes back through this line, mother to mother. I am in Haplogroup K, or Katrine if you follow Brian Sykes. We are related to Otzi, the frozen Ice Man, found in the Austrian Alps from 5,300 years ago.

No comments: